Monday 9 April 2018

Small part deliveries (part 1)

The last post was a bit wordy and not very popular (I do occasionally look at the reader numbers for this thing!) so this one is going to be pics with a few words to balance things up. Whilst the ignition saga has been going on I've had searches set up for various parts, but also been checking every site I've looked at for ignition parts to see if they have anything else I need and I've come up trumps

First up, the oil can that sits behind the engine. I never thought I'd find one of these and I think this might be from a Peugeot and a little bit smaller but it's going to look better than the blank space I had before





A Villiers air filter. This one is probably going to take a bit of work to get it mounted on the carb and it's not technically correct for the bike but I'm hoping it will look ok and, more importantly, perform ok too!



And finally for this post, the correct chain case. Again, I never thought I'd find this and had accepted I would have to use the one the bike came with (see my attempts to make it fit better here) but this one popped up so it was promptly bought. I've read a few things online about cleaning rust from old bodywork using CLR (Calcium, rust & lime remover) so I'm going to buy a bottle and see if I can improve it at all.





I've got a few more parts ordered, so I'll cover them in another post. As a side note, I've started a dedicated instagram account so if you want sneaky peeks at things earlier than blog posts, that's going to be the best way, you'll find it here

No comments:

Post a Comment