Friday 31 July 2015

Back rubber side down (for now)

After finally getting the suspension bushes sorted I got them refitted and I think they look pretty good (ok this photo only shows one fitted but you'll have to trust that I fitted both, or scroll down)



Before I could get the wheel back in, I needed to refit the mudguard but before I could do that I needed to address the cracks in the guard at one of the rack mounting points. I didn't want to mess with the paint, so I decided to drill the ends of the cracks with a 1.5mm drill to stop them spreading and then a template was made for a piece of stainless. 



Stainless cut and bent and a quick test fit (note the cutout for the cable guide)



Keyed the surface inside the guard. The cracks are quite obvious here, I taped over them before the epoxy went on so I didn't get epoxy oozing through the cracks.



Then it was epoxied (using some DP260 I happened to have; not your average epoxy) in place and held in place using my 'adjustable expansion clamp', you may recognise it as a plastic faced hammer. The plastic inserts are threaded in so I unwound them to provide clamping pressure.



All cured. I forgot to get a shot of the outside so I'll sort that next time.



I managed to get it bolted back on and rolled out into the sun. I'm going on holiday next week but I'll be back on it when I get back, not sure what'll be next though, footpegs, centre stand and the oil leak, all of which mean lying it on it's side again







No comments:

Post a Comment